Looking for a suggestion to dance in the most comfortable shoes? You have landed on the right page. There are a number of comfortable shoes that allow you to dance freely and will meet your need.
Runner shoes, lifestyle sneakers, skateboarding shoes, and Puma Suedes are popular among dancers. But can basketball shoes be used for dancing too? I can only approve hoop shoes as dancing shoes if they check all the boxes for the questions below.
- Do they have non-slip soles?
- Does it have a moisture-repellent inner lining?
- Does the shoe closure provide a perfect fit?
- Does it have a non-pinching design?
- Is it sufficiently padded to protect foot muscles from twisting and twitching?
- Does it provide arch support and the right amount of balance?
Read the full article because in this article I will tell you if you can wear basketball sneakers for dancing or not. Also, with logical reasoning, I will weigh my opinion by quoting the experience of seasoned dancers.
Yes, basketball shoes make excellent dancing shoes as well. They’ve designed such that to give nice hugging fit. Along with that, you get phenomenal ankle safety. So you can pivot and change direction very quickly. Basketball shoes can stop at a dime with a good grip. The soft padding underfoot prevents you from getting tired easily and gets more out of your performance.
Moreover, world-famous dancing shoes such as Chuck Tayler’s Converse All-Star BB Shift are not heavy at all. Most basketball shoes that avid danders wear in the performances are not so stiff on the sides.
Their flexible side walls make it possible to drag your feet laterally quickly in dance forms like Zumba.
Check our Guide about Can You Skate in Basketball Shoes?
Factors That Contribute To Making Basketball Shoes A Best Dancing Shoe
As a beginner, you cannot judge the shoe by just looking at it about how it will be as a dancing shoe. So we have compiled five helpful factors that you want to look into a sneaker. That’s how you can easily find a pair that would be your perfect dancing shoe.
Get The Mesh Upper For Maximum Breathability
Everyone loves breathable sneaker designs. They allow maximum air flow around the feet. Modern-day basketball shoe designers focus on making ventilated shoes to keep the toe box free of sweat and stink.
Such material prevents the feet from becoming soggy after vigorous dance practice sessions.
Leather Material For Top-Tier Durability
Initially, Nike, Jordan, and other famous brands manufactured basketball shoes with premium leather upper material. They always stay in fashion, such as Air Force 1, Nike Dunks, Air Jordan 12, Air Jordan 2, and many more.
Famous dancers and celebrities wear these sneakers as dancing shoes as well as lifestyle sneakers. These are super aesthetic, and they last longer than any other shoes. Leather upper shoes are super durable and sturdy.
Rubber Soles For Non-Slip Outsole
A dancer needs a shoe with fast footwork. When they do flares and drag their feet and stop, they need a good grip on their shoe outsoles that is super grippy and hold the ground on sudden stops.
Basketball shoes’ primary focus is to build a grippy shoe that would prevent the players from slipping and sliding on the basketball court. Therefore you can easily wear basketball shoes as your dance shoes and do “cha cha cha “perfectly with super grippy outsole and protective ankle collar.
Lightweight and Sleek Design
Modern-day basketball shoes are not heavier than they previously were. Many innovations in the upper design and the midsole foam cushioning resulted in a lightweight shoe. Now the average basketball shoe weight lies between 12 ounces to 13.5 ounces for size 10.
You can even find 11 ounces shoes in size 10. These are minimal and equipped with protective features that dancers need.
Immense Step In Comfort
No sneakers are as comfortable as runners and basketball sneakers. Runner shoes have a disadvantage in that you lose the ground feel because they have a very heavy cushioning.
But basketball shoes have high-technology cushioning, like Boom, Boost, Air Zoom, and Nitro foam act as a great cushion. They are very responsive and feel comfortable right out of the box. Your feet are super protected by the soft padding around the material of the shoe.
A dancer will enjoy the cozy fit and impact protection of the hoop shoes.
Highly Recommended Basketball Sneakers For Dancing
The basketball shoes that I chose are the top-four basketball sneakers worn by many famous dancers around the globe. Not only are they great basketball shoes and dancing shoes, but they have become a style statement.
Their fit, aesthetics, comfort, and material have been tested over the years. These are perfect for any dance form and workout.
- Nike Air Force 1 is the most versatile shoe. The fit and aesthetics are very suitable for women. Its premium leather upper does not allow the inflow of water. The cushioning makes you feel that you are walking on a cloud. So it’s certain that it will increase the stamina for dancing.
- Nike Dunk High is already very popular as hoop shoes as well as lifestyle sneakers. Everyone loved this classic pair of basketball shoes for their material’s durability and style. Also, the arch support and fit are the top qualities of the shoe.
- Converse all stars are popular among this generation as well. Its extremely fine ankle support and comfortable material make it a great choice to be used as dance shoes. They have an extremely lightweight construction, so you will not feel bottom-heavy.
- Puma high-top basketball shoes are highly recommended by the famous Indian choreographer and creative director Velu Kumar. He likes to wear any basketball sneakers from Puma for their reliable grip on the floor. Moreover, these are lightweight and coupled with ample ankle protection features.
Dance is an art form that requires the most comfortable footwear. That not only provides cushioning underfoot but also has an excellent grip making bold dance steps easy.
The comfortable retro-style basketball shoes are a great choice. They never go out of style. That’s why they have been with us for many generations. So buy yourself a pair today and rock the floor with great dance moves. Enjoy!